This Privacy Statement applies to Schouten Zekerheid Holding BV and its affiliated companies. We consider it important to carefully handle the personal data we receive from you. In this Privacy Statement, we explain how we handle your personal data. Here, you can read, among others, how we process your personal data, with whom we share your personal data and what rights you have when it comes to the processing of your personal data.
Your interests are centrally featured in the processing of your personal data. Our basic principles in this are:
- We handle your data with care. We comply with all the applicable laws and regulations in the area of privacy.
- We ensure the proper protection of our systems.
- We do not sell your personal data to third parties.
- We only process personal data for the purposes described in this Privacy Statement.
- We keep you informed on your rights in the area of Privacy.
- We will adequately handle any requests you may have in regard to the processing of your personal data.
How is personal data defined?
Personal data is all the data that can directly or indirectly be traced to a natural person. This means that data becomes personal data as soon as the data can be traced back to you. Schouten Zekerheid processes your personal data for the purposes stated in this Privacy Statement. When we do not receive any personal data from you, we cannot be of service to you.
When is Schouten Zekerheid allowed to process personal data?
We may only use your personal data when we have a reason to do so according to the law.
The reasons that apply for Schouten Zekerheid are:
- You have given us permission to process your personal data. This can be done, for example, by way of an application form. You can revoke your consent at any time. To do this, you only need to send an e-mail to our Data Protection Official. The contact information can be found below. Your consent will be revoked at the moment we have received your request in this regard. Revoking your consent retro-actively is not possible.
- The processing is necessary to execute the agreement that we conclude with or for you. This occurs as soon as you have used our services. We need your personal data in order to be able to give you good advice about your insurance, or in order to be able to provide you insurance mediation services and to manage your insurance policies.
-The processing is necessary to fulfil the statutory obligation that applies to us.
What does Schouten Zekerheid use your personal data for?
Schouten Zekerheid only uses your personal data for the purpose it is collected.
We only collect your personal data for the following purposes:
- To provide clients and potential clients advice about employee benefits, financial planning and insurance policies in the broadest sense of the word.
- The assessment and acceptance of (potential) clients.
- The entering into and execution of agreements with clients.
- The management of the relationship with clients.
- The collection, distribution and management of the necessary data to insurers/pension providers and experts/assessment offices for entering into and executing (insurance) agreements.
- The handling of payment traffic.
- The handling and registration of damage claims.
- The fulfilment of statutory obligations.
- Safeguarding the security and integrity of the sector.
- Combating, preventing and tracking (attempted) (criminal) actions aimed at the sector which Schouten Zekerheid belongs to, the group which Schouten Zekerheid belongs to or Schouten Zekerheid itself as well as its clients and employees.
- Strategic and marketing purposes.
With whom does Schouten Zekerheid share your personal data?
We shall never sell your personal data. We will only share your personal data if this is necessary for one of the purposes we have described in the paragraph above.
This may include one of the following parties:
- Insurance companies.
- Pension funds.
- Re-integration companies.
- Company Health & Safety Services.
- Financial institutions.
- (Damage claim) Experts.
- Dutch Road Transport Directorate.
- Collection agencies.
- Dutch Tax Authority.
How does Schouten Zekerheid handle your personal data?
We shall carefully handle your personal data and make sure it is properly protected.
In addition, we also follow the following rules:
- We adequately train our personnel so that they know how to process your personal data as safely as possible.
- We shall not store your personal data any longer than necessary. In doing so, we adhere to the statutory retention periods.
- We do not process your personal data outside the European Union. As of 25 May 2018, the same Privacy legislation applies within the entire European Union. That is why our servers are not located outside the European Union.
- We employ a Data Protection Officer. The Data Protection Officer is an internal supervisor who verifies whether we fulfil the privacy laws and regulations.
What rights do you have?
You have certain rights when it comes to the use of your personal data. We describe your rights below.
- Right to access: you may ask us which personal data we have and for what purposes it is used. You are not required to provide a reason when submitting a request to access your personal data. The right to access only pertains to your own personal data.
- Right to rectification: if your personal data is incorrect or incomplete, you may request that we correct or supplement your personal data.This also applies when the personal data is used for another purpose than it was collected or in another way that conflicts with the law.
- Right to forget: in some cases, you may request that we delete you personal data. For example, when there is no longer a good reason to process your personal data.
- Right to object: if special personal circumstances can be justified, you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data and you can ask us to remove or anonymise your personal data.
-Right to transfer: if the personal data provided by you is automatically processed as based on our consent or an agreement, you have the right to receive a copy of the data in a structured and commonly used, legible form. Upon your request, the personal data shall be transferred directly to a new party.
If you wish to invoke one of your rights, please contact our Data Protection Officer. The contact information can be found below. Your request will handled within 4 weeks.
Questions. comments or complaints?
If you have and comments about the processing of your personal data or this Privacy Statement, please contact our Data Protection Officer. You can also approach the Data Protection Officer if you have any complaints about the processing of your personal data or if you wish to invoke one of your rights.
You can contact the Data Protection Officer by e-mail on email@example.com or by regular post via
Attn. the Data Protection Officer
Rivium Quadrant 81
2909 LC Capelle aan den IJssel, the Netherlands